***Updated some posts before I get too far behind again***





Saturday, August 29, 2009

Girls Day

Darrick had his friends fly in for the weekend for his Fantasy Football draft, so that left the girls and I to spend the weekend just the 3 of us. We decided we should do what every girl loves to do...pamper ourselves!!

Jordyn getting her nails painted
Ashlyn getting her nails painted. They both picked the same colors!


So happy, waiting for them to dry!

She sat so patiently. After she said we need to go home and show Daddy how "stylish" we look! This girl was made for girly days.


Here's Jordyn's nails. Ashlyn's were exactly the same!

So next we were on to get Jordyn's haircut before her big day of starting Kindergarten.

She wanted it cut to her chin, so we compromised and it's to her shoulders.


She loves it and so do we. Doesn't she look so much older now? My baby...where did the time go?

So Ashlyn wanted her hair cut after she saw her sisters. There were no more openings at the salon we were at so the next morning I cut it myself. I cut about 2 inches off, but it's hard to tell because it was so long.

Her hair is so thick, it's much easier when it's short!

Here's the back of Ash's hair.

Then we were on to Ceramicafe, to paint!

Ashlyn picked a piggy bank

Jordyn picked a flower bank

Here's Ashlyn with her finished piggy

I wanted the polka dots to be perfect. I had to remind myself that this was for them. It took everything I had to not try and paint them myself. I let them do whatever they wanted and only helped when they asked for it, which wasn't much.
How cute is Jordyn's hair? I love it on her!!

Her finished flower bank. They were so proud!

Then just like any typical day in a girls life, we had to get home to clean the house because the boys would be done with golf soon and be home for their football draft. Just kidding, honestly these girls love to clean. We baked cookies and while they were cooking Ashlyn asked if she could wash the chairs. Now who am I to say no to that?
Then Jordyn asked if she could vacuum. I said "of course".
We had a great girls weekend and I love spending time doing fun stuff like that with my girls. Something tells me this is the first of many outings to get our nails done and make ourselves "stylish"! God definitely knew what he was doing when he gave me two girls! I couldn't ask for more!!

1 comment:

  1. i love jordy's hair, but must be honest, it made me a little sad. she looks so old... and i think of all that long, thick, beautiful hair that just fell to the ground, got swept into some dust pan, and emptied into some big trash can (small tear). She looks adorable though... and they really are my kind of girls... jordy knows what to do with a vacuum! miss you all

    ReplyDelete