***Updated some posts before I get too far behind again***





Friday, February 26, 2010

Mission Accomplished

We bought Jordyn a new dresser and my plan was to put it together today.
The girls helped me pull everything out of the box.
They really loved the styrofoam and started building them like blocks. As soon as I pulled out all of the screws and pieces, I started second guessing whether I could put this together.
Here's all the different parts
The girls really enjoyed playing in the box as well.

Here's all the pieces and the directions say no hand drill...great I have to screw everything in by hand.
Meanwhile Jordyn gets in the box and Ashlyn props her against the dresser
She's stuck and needs my help
But at least she's still happy!
Ok 3.5 hours into it and this is what I've done so far.

I got Jordyn off to school and Ashlyn wanted to help so bad. So she was my nail holder. She was ready with one whenever I needed it!
Here it is after 5 hours of hard labor. Now I only have to assemble the drawers and I'm done!
Wow, I finished it! After 6 hours it's done.

*When Jordy got home from school and I was carrying the box downstairs I got a great idea!*

Ashlyn was afraid to go down, but being the nice Mom that I am I told Jordyn to just let go. I knew she'd love it if she tried it. You can tell by her face that she's not sure until it's over if she liked it!

Now the girls decided to go together! We sent Daddy a video at his work and he called to say that they could really hurt themselves. I knew he wouldn't approve, that's why I sent him the video after we were done and unharmed.

3 comments:

  1. You are the cutest mom, Josie!! I enjoy reading your blog, and this was a really fun post to read. :)
    Love~Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do that with the kids sleeping bags. (A little tougher on the butt I think). I think you should keep letting them do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just keep laughing... there are no words (you aren't allowed to watch emma where there are stairs around!)

    ReplyDelete